Effective June 30, 2018
Our Site and its portals are designed to make it easier for users of our Site (“Users” or “you”) to learn about us and about our services and programs and, in certain cases, to use our services. The nature and extent of the Personal Data and Non-Personal Data that may be collected by or shared with PlanSurity on the Site will depend on whether a User is within a publicly-accessible section of the Site, or the User has registered for access to a portal in accordance with and subject to PlanSurity’s policies in effect from time to time. A “portal” is a website within the Site that allows two-way interaction and where PlanSurity can collect information from a User and transmit it to another User. Access to and the type of Personal Data and Non-Personal Data collected in certain portals may be restricted based on whether or not you are paying customer at the time such access is granted. Access to certain portals may also be restricted, even if you are not a paying customer, based on whether you are dental provider, employer, third-party administrator (“TPAs”) or broker doing business or considering doing business with us. Access to portals may be made subject to additional requirements and policies of PlanSurity in its sole discretion, including your acceptance of more limited rights or incurrence of additional obligations.
Types of Data We Collect
We collect information (whether online, by phone, or by paper) that enables PlanSurity to identify or contact you (“Personal Data”) to carry out its business purposes.
The types of Personal Data we may collect include, but are not limited to:
- General data (e.g., names, dates of birth, home and business addresses, email addresses, Internet protocol addresses and mobile/landline business/personal telephone numbers that are provided by visitors to our Site).
- Government-issued identification numbers (e.g., social security numbers, national identification numbers and tax identification numbers).
- Other identification information.
- Financial information (e.g., passwords and PIN numbers).
- Sensitive personal data (e.g., gender, age).
- If you are a customer, information that you provide for delivery to a customer of another class with which you wish to contract or have contracted for the purpose of providing or obtaining services.
PlanSurity may also receive Personal Data from third parties for PlanSurity’s use in marketing to potential new customers.
We collect information (whether online, by phone, or by paper) that does not directly identify you as you interact with our Site (“Non-Personal Data”). The types of Non-Personal Data we may collect includes, but is not limited to:
- Site usage (e.g., browsing history, search terms, number of clicks, referring/exit pages, date/time stamp, time on Site).
- Products and services viewed, including advertisements for such products and services.
- Computer type, operating system and platform type.
- Internet service provider.
- Your industry and business (e.g., company size and location, job functions and seniority).
- If you are a customer, the volume of data that you share with another User.
How We Use Your Data
In addition to the uses described above, we may use your Personal Data, sometimes combined with Non-Personal Data, in a variety of ways including, but not limited to the below, in order to:
- Identify you when you visit our Site.
- Provide products, information or services you request or we think you may be interested in.
- Respond to your emails or online requests for products, services, or information.
- Deliver and process surveys.
- Personalize and improve the usability of the Site.
- Fulfill and/or deliver PlanSurity products and services.
- Tailor content, advertising and marketing to you.
- Publish directories and registration lists on the Site to allow certain other Users to individually contract with you.
We may use Non-Personal Data to improve the usability of our Site and for other business reasons. We or other third-party companies may also use the Non-Personal Data to provide advertisements and targeted advertisements to you (ads based on the Non-Personal Data). Please note that, when you select an advertising link or other link that takes you to sites not operated by PlanSurity, you may be subject to the privacy policies of these third-party sites.
How We Share Your Data
We may share your Personal Data, sometimes combined with Non-Personal Data, in a variety of ways including, but not limited to the below:
- Share data with third parties to fulfill service requests and to perform business functions.
- Share data with third parties as required by law or to protect PlanSurity in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process served on PlanSurity; (b) protect and defend PlanSurity’s rights or property; or (c) protect the personal safety of PlanSurity personnel or members of the public in appropriate circumstances.
- Share data with third parties if PlanSurity and/or its assets (or a portion of its assets) are sold, assigned, transferred, or merged, or if PlanSurity undergoes some other change including a change to its corporate form as part of a bankruptcy proceeding or otherwise; information may be transferred as part of that transaction or change.
- Share data with third parties to offer you products and services that may be of interest to you professionally or personally. Users can request their information be removed from such lists by contacting us, as set forth in the “Contact Information” section below.
- Share data with third parties under other unanticipated situations, but only with your consent.
- Share your email address, but only as permitted by the PlanSurity Email Policy, as follows:
Your email address will be used only by PlanSurity and PlanSurity vendors performing services, or offering products on PlanSurity’s behalf. PlanSurity also shares your email address with third parties to enable PlanSurity to take security measures to help protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. Finally, PlanSurity shares email addresses with third parties as necessary for PlanSurity to perform certain services on our or your behalf, such as mailing and delivering products and processing registrations and to respond to your service requests. PlanSurity does not currently sell or rent email addresses to anyone outside PlanSurity, nor does PlanSurity share email addresses with unrelated third-parties; provided, however, PlanSurity reserves the right to change such policy at any time without notice to you.
How you Can Manage the Processing of Your Data
If the Site allows you to create a profile and email preferences, you can manage your profile and email preferences, including “opting out” of email for marketing purposes by contacting us using the information in the “Contact Information” section below. If you prefer to receive hard copy mailings only from PlanSurity, you can contact us and request to have your name and address removed from the list we provide to third parties. Additional rights may be afforded to you under state law. Some of those laws that may apply to you are briefly summarized below.
Our processing of your data, if any, is based upon your consent, contract performance (e.g., your purchase of products), legitimate business interest (e.g., direct marketing of goods and services), or compliance with law. You have the right to object to our processing of your data or to restrict our processing of your data. In addition, if you have consented to the processing of your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
California Residents Privacy Rights
Cal. Bus. And Prof. Code Section 22575 also requires us to notify you how we deal with the “Do Not Track” settings in your browser. Currently, the Site does not respond to the Do Not Track settings.
Nevada Privacy Notice
Nevada law requires that we also provide Nevada residents with the following contact information: Bureau of Consumer Protection, Office of the Nevada Attorney General, 555 E Washington St., Suite 3900, Las Vegas, NV 89101; phone: 702.486.3132; e-mail: BCPINFO@ag.state.nv.us.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from or market to children under the age of 13.
How We Protect Personal Data
Linking to Other Internet Sites
How you Can Access, Change and Delete your Personal Data
Cookies and Other Web Devices
Transmission of Data to Other Countries
Your Personal Data is processed in the United States, where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country and where the government, courts, or law enforcement may be able to access your data. By submitting your Personal Data to us, you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your Personal Data in the United States.
Right to Complain to Supervisory Authority
You, as the data subject, have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the state of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of the alleged infringement, if you believe that our processing of your personal data does not comply with legal requirements.
In the event we determine the occurrence of a data security incident, we will notify you by email, US mail, telephone, or other means as permitted by law.